Use Restrictions Policy
Kinopio helps people understand themselves and be understood by sharing thoughts and ideas. But an expressive tool is also one that can be used maliciously.
This document defines the shady stuff you cannot use Kinopio for.
- When I say “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, I'm referring to Kinopio LLC.
- Child exploitation, sexualization, or abuse: We don’t tolerate any activities that create, disseminate, or otherwise cause child abuse. Keep away and stop. Just stop.
- Doxing: If you are using Kinopio products to share other peoples’ private personal information for the purposes of harassment, we don’t want anything to do with you.
- Infringing on intellectual property: You can’t use Kinopio to make or disseminate work that uses the intellectual property of others beyond the bounds of fair use.
- Malware or spyware: Code for good, not evil. If you are using our products to make or distribute anything that qualifies as malware or spyware, begone.
- Phishing or otherwise attempting fraud: It is not okay to lie about who you are or who you affiliate with to steal from, extort, or otherwise harm others.
- Spamming: No one wants unsolicited commercial emails. We don’t tolerate folks (including their bots) using Kinopio for spamming purposes.
- Violence, or threats thereof: If an activity qualifies as violent crime in the United States or where you live, you may not use Kinopio to plan, perpetrate, or threaten that activity.
We’ve outlined these restrictions to be clear about what we won’t stand for. That said, this list is by no means exhaustive. We will make changes over time.
How to report abuse
See someone using Kinopio for one of the restricted purposes? Let us know by emailing email@example.com and we will investigate. If you’re not 100% sure, report it anyway.
Please share as much as you are comfortable with about the account, the content or behavior you are reporting, and how you found it. Sending us a URL or screenshots is super helpful. We will not disclose your identity to anyone associated with the reported account.
Kinopio will respond within two business days to let you know we’ve begun investigating. We will also let you know the outcome of our investigation (unless you ask us not to or we are not allowed to under law).
Depending on the violation, the following may happen:
- The space will be removed
- The violating user's account will be removed
- The offender may be contacted
- Law enforcement may be contacted
(This document was originally adapted from Basecamp's Use Restrictions Policy.)